Thursday, March 12, 2009

Camping season is upon us


Make it stop. Make it stop. Keep it coming. I don't really know what I want. Yes I do. I want to go camping. With the warm weather that we've been having here in Northern California, I have been getting e-mails, phone calls, and posts about camping trips almost every weekend. I have to say, I am feeling a little overwhelmed. The family would love to go to all of them. However, some weekends there are multiple campouts and get-to-gethers. Not sure why I hyphenated that but it makes it seem more "bus-ish"

There really is no feeling like the one I get the night before a bus trip. I get to pull out all the gear - way too much to list. I make a check list and check it twice like a springtime Santa. That never prevents me from forgetting some essential item. It is always okay because someone somewhere has whatever we need. They are always easy to spot in any campground. It is usually a family with a couple of kids and a mom with everything in the campsite organized. Perhaps she has a lazy susan full of spices that you should never bring camping . Maybe she has carefully placed a first aid kit with a big poster board emblazoned with a giant red cross on a clothes line strung between two trees. Whatever it might be, ask her. She'll have it and be happy to share it. The one drawback: You will have to listen to a monologue about how she never forgets to bring everything she might need + a million more things she won't. I can't imagine what it is like to pack up that family's vehicle for a weekend trip.

Okay, forgive my rant. Here are some dates that are set in stone:

March 20-22 - Spring Equinox GTG Lake DeValle- Livermore
March 27-29 - Peter's Birthday in SLO (brother in law, not PJ Alau)
April 24 - 26 Two Day Town music festival. It's my first time, but looks like fun.
For details click here
May 15 - 17 - First annual bus city hosted by Brett, EP, and Big Blue

I hope to see old friends and make some new ones. Happy Camping

No comments:

Post a Comment